Saturday, March 31, 2007

Bless Becomes Bootylicious

Ok so I'm turning 30 next Saturday (April 7). Don't even get me started on where the years have gone because I have no earthly idea. I'm feeling the older generation (shudder to think I'm closer to this demographic than I care to admit) when they say time flies. But all age related complaining aside, I'm happy that I've gotten this far. Like they say...I wouldn't give nothin' for the journey.

Anyway, I've started a new self re-imaging campaign--Bless Becomes Bootylicious. I'm getting back in shape, taking better care of myself (never more needed than now since the middle age spread isn't too far off), learning (and applying) beauty tips, going to the spa at least once a month and keeping this fabulous, glorious head of natural hair (mine of course) healthy. I'm proud to say my mental health is up to par, regardless of what anyone else says. I'm really looking forward to this journey not to mention the transformation---from Tomboy to Tomcat...rrrrarrr (yes, I know...a very pitiful attempt at a cat's growl). Only thing is...I wonder why turning 30 is a such a big deal that it incites change? Don't worry, I'll keep you posted on the journey, including before, during and after pics.

Oh and before I forget (hush, no age related jokes) the post image is a painting called "Bootylicious" by Harlem Artist Nicole Folkes. Check her out. This Sis is bad!

3 comments:

southernbg said...

Girl, I am so glad you become 30 before me. Now you get to tell me what it's like!

~Just BLESS~ said...

Ha Ha! I'm going to have more fun than you are...Na Na Na Na Na Na!

lovelyjd said...

I know what you are talking about. I have been blogging about this. I turned 30 on March 8...preserve your sexy mama...do your thang.