Thursday, March 29, 2007

Pac Man-ing Your Mind...For Knowledge

What exactly does Pac Man-ing your mind mean? It means gobbling up whatever's in your path. (Yep that little saying is protected by copyright). For the life of me, I will never understand how people (especially us natural hair, nappyheads) say they want knowledge and understanding but when it's given to them...or directed towards them they run like a bat out of hell. I frequent a site called afrobella...I'm telling you Sis is on point! I learn something new from every post. Today, she has a post talking about the Jamaican Maroons and as of 5p today there are only about 15-16 comments. Now yesterday, she was talking about negativity in sisterhood stemming from a couple discussions. That post received a whopping 61 comments at last check. Now I'm not saying that we shouldn't vent about sisterhood, but c'mon I KNOW more than half the folks that commented yesterday have gone back to the site today. Now here she is giving many of us a bit of knowledge and putting us on the path to learn a little more about this rebel slave group and we just can't seem to gobble it up. It just boggles my mind that we run from knowledge and embrace negativity. Something is seriously wrong with that picture.

3 comments:

lovelyjd said...

I agree. I love afrobella's site and commented on the sisterhood drama. Negativity and drama breeds more of the same.

~Just BLESS~ said...

EXACTLY!!

matt williams said...

I agree 100%